40 ways to Relieve your Stress Today
Next time you’re stressed, take a step back, inhale and laugh, remember who you are and why you’re here. You’re never given anything in this world that you can’t handle. Be strong, be flexible, love yourself, and love others. Always remember, just keep moving forward. –Anonymous
There are so many ways to relieve Stress; the most important is for you to find your exclusive Stress Management Strategies, and ensuring that it fits your Lifestyle in the long term. I am highlighting 40 ways to Relieve Stress today. Finding the balance in life can be difficult at times and using anything on the following list can be truly nurturing for you and as an extension anyone that surrounds you.
This list is not exhaustive, it is important especially when you are under stress to allow at the very least one hour a day to manage your Stress. There are so many free resources to avail of and therefore managing Stress should be accessible to everyone. I find YouTube and Apps on my phone to be the most useful along with taking classes in any of the following. I often post information on Facebook regarding events that are in the Galway area which may benefit people. The list is not exhaustive but in my experience these have been effective for both myself and my clients. Many items on the list may seem quite broad however breaking them down into small attainable goals may be helpful. These will become personal to you when you look at this from your perspective and how you are currently managing your Stress.
The Good Life is a Process not a State of Being; it is a Direction not a Destination- Carl Rogers
Relieve your Stress Today:
- Deep Muscle Relaxation
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Diaphragmatic Breathing Exercises
- Physical Exercise
- Burn some oils or candles
- Bake a cake
- Make a hot Drink and enjoy 5 minutes of silence while you drink this
- Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle
- Time Management ensuring you allow some time for yourself in your day
- Set Goals
- Learning to Say No
- Stress Diary
- Having Humour in your Life.
- Playing an Instrument
- Working on a piece of Art
- Watch a film you enjoy
- Read a book
- Conjure up good memories with a picture or story board
- Listen to Motivational speeches
- Listen to relaxing music
- Enjoy the sounds of nature, preferably getting into Nature rather than listening to this on the phone.
- Have a Massage
- Go to the Hairdressers or Beauticians
- Yoga or Pilates
- Chat to a friend
- Repeat Positive Affirmations out loud, you will find more information on Positive Affirmations on my Facebook page.
- Try to Avoid Caffeine
- Engage in a Hobby
- Practicing Spirituality
- Reduce E stress; turn off Technology when you are engaging in your self care.
- Eliminate Energy Drains, becoming aware of people or things in your life that are draining is the first step in this.
- Get more sleep. If you are finding this difficult consult with your GP or therapist.
- Pamper yourself
- Cry more laugh more and learn to forgive
- Restructure your Finances
- Reduce working hours and try to negotiate your holidays with work
That the birds fly over your head, this you cannot stop. That they build a nest in your hair this you can prevent – Ancient Chinese Proverb
The key to success in Stress Management is:
- Being selfish with your time is imperative. This is time that is guilt free, it may take time to feel comfortable about being selfish with your time. It is important to be consistent, and ask yourself what have I done for myself today?
- Know your Limits.
- People should laugh 15 times a day make sure you fill this quota.
- Love yourself and compliment yourself on a daily basis this will build self-esteem.
- Play and be creative don’t listen to the voice that says I’m not good at this.
- Nurture what you may have neglected and have balance in life.
Links that may be helpful include;
Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are- Tai Chi saying
You are worth this time and it is most significant to realise this when you are thinking about Stress and the impact it can and maybe is having on your life.